A great floral top and some cute distressed jeans are fantastic wardrobe staples that can get you through the entire year!
I’m having way too much fun with this whole “wear it year round’ idea! Here’s another basic outfit – a floral top and cropped jeans. I’m sharing my ideas for how you can wear this (or something similar) in every season.
I love the challenge of finding various ways to style a single piece of clothing. But this takes it a bit further because I’m changing up the style of an entire outfit! For me, the fun in this is the part where I get to play around with clothes and style. But the practical part is that it helps me get more out of the clothing I already own.
For example, I could easily pigeon hole this shirt. It’s short sleeved, so it’s only for warm months. Or it’s a coppery brown, so it’s only for fall. But with a little creative styling, it can be a great top to wear all year.
This is the exact type of styling that helps make capsule wardrobe-ing (made that word up 😉 ) easier and not so overwhelming.
How To Wear a Floral Top & Cropped Jeans in Every Season
Left to Right: SUMMER | SPRING | FALL | WINTER
- Summer Look: Basic outfit with strappy sandals and feminine earrings.
- Spring Look: Same basic outfit with a lightweight flowy cardigan, ballet flats, and statement earrings.
- Fall Look: Same basic outfit with a duster cardigan, booties, and statement earrings.
- Winter Look: Same basic outfit with an over-sized cable knit cardigan, tall boots, and a blanket scarf.
(Yes, I realize I, once again, put the seasons out of order. Don’t ask! lolol)
About the Clothing & Accessories
- Floral Top: Agnes & Dora (There are still a few in stock!)
- Jeans: Mine are super old LC brand jeans from Kohl’s. But they’re just basic cropped jeans with some distressing. You can find them anywhere you typically buy jeans! I’ve actually had great success with finding jeans through Stitch Fix .
- Strappy Sandals: Target (Out of stock, but here’s a super similar pair!)
- Blue Flowy Cardigan: ThredUp (Here are some similar options: Lace Drape Front Cardigan, Calypso Wrap Cardigan, Drape Cardigan Sweater.)
- Dark Brown Duster: Agnes & Dora
- Burgundy Cable Knit Cardi: Agnes & Dora. (Currently out of stock, but there are several colors in a similar style available. I also found this similar Cozy Up Cardigan and this similar Oversized Pocket Cardi.)
- Beige Flats: TOMS
- Brown Booties: Kohl’s.
- Brown Boots: ThredUp .
- Earrings: Fair Trade Friday Earring Subscription, Trades of Hope, Noonday Collection, and Sweet Creek Leather.
Outfit Ideas for a Floral Top + Distressed Jeans
Floral Top | Distressed Jeans | Strappy Sandals | Feminine Earrings
Floral Top | Distressed Jeans | Lightweight Cardi | Ballet Flats | Statement Earrings
Floral Top | Distressed Jeans | Duster Cardigan | Booties | Statement Earrings
Floral Top | Distressed Jeans | Over-Sized Cardi | Tall Boots | Blanket Scarf
Related posts readers enjoy:
- A Primer to a Streamlined Wardrobe
- Style Tips from Pockets Full of Wonder
- 5 Reasons You Hate Your Wardrobe
- Organizing Ideas for Unorganized Moms