Here are some simple, beginner-friendly back-to-school essential oil roller blends to help with the transition from summer to school-year.
We’ve been super laid back this summer. My kids do maintain a normal bedtime and quiet/nap time during the week, but the rest of the day has been sort of go-with-the-flow as much as possible. It’s been a nice change from the rigid structure of the school year.
To be honest though, I’m already looking forward to being back in a routine. I function so much better in routine. Probably because my personality type (INTJ) likes to always know what’s coming next. I like to feel prepared. (Although, if I’m honest, I’m not nearly as prepared as I’d like to be even when we are in the swing of the school-year routine!)
My kids, however, are not necessarily as quick to re-adapt to the more rigid daily structure. So we are using some simple essential oil blends to help us out as we transition back to our routine. You can try these recipes by putting the essential oils into a 15 ml roller ball bottle and filling it the rest of the way with a carrier oil. I like fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil for carriers.
I like making simple blends that use just 2-3 different oils. And I generally choose oils that have multiple purposes and ones that I typically keep on hand. So these blends are very beginner-friendly since they use some common, versatile oils. If you’re just getting started with essential oils, you might like my essential oils guide for ‘regular folks’.
If you’ve purchased a Young Living Premium Starter Kit , you have many of these oils already, and you can get the others with your 24% wholesale discount (AND earn Essential Rewards points to use toward free stuff – including more oils!). Another brand I recommend is Plant Therapy , although I can’t say if they have any of their own blends that coincide with the YL blends I’ve mentioned below.
And if you like shopping for everything all at the same place, you can find everything you need for this post on my Essentially Oily page.
Essential Oil Roller Ball Blends for Kids
DIRECTIONS: Add the specified drops to a 15ml roller ball bottle and fill with carrier oil. All of these recipes are for 1% dilution. Double or triple them for 2% or 3% dilution. Alternatively, you can use the specified number of drops in a 5ml roller ball bottle to increase to 3% dilution.
APPLICATION: Use the roller ball to apply the oil to the wrists, base of skull, spine, or behind the ears.
Try one of these combinations for bright-eyed and bushy-tailed mornings.
- 1 drop Spearmint + 2 drops Tangerine
- 1 drop Eucalyptus + 2 drops Lemon
- 1 drop Peppermint + 2 drops Orange
Calm the Jitters
Try one of these blends to help ease nerves for the first few weeks in a new classroom.
- 2 drops Lavender + 1 drop Lemon
- 1 drop Lavender + 2 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Frankincense + 1 drop Chamomile
- 3 drops Stress Away
- 3 drops Peace & Calming
Focus and Memory
Try one of these simple blends before school or during homework hour.
- 1 drop Grapefruit + 1 drop Bergamot + 1 drop Geranium
- 1 drop Tangerine + 2 drops Geranium
- 1 drop Rosemary + 2 drops Lemon
- 1 drop Basil + 1 drop Peppermint + 1 drop Bergamot
- 3 drops Clarity
Bad Day Remedy
Try one of these combinations to help turn a bad day around.
- 2 drops Chamomile + 1 drop Lavender
- 1 drop Frankincense +1 drop Orange + 1 drop Peppermint
- 1 drop Bergamot + 1 drop Tangerine + 1 drop Spearmint
- 3 drops Valor
- 3 drops Peace & Calming
After School Energy
Try one of these combinations for after-school practice.
- 2 drops Lime + 1 drop Peppermint
- 1 drop Rosemary + 2 drops Grapefruit
- 3 drops En-R-Gee
Try one of these combinations to get a good night’s rest.
- 2 drops Lavender + 1 drop Cedarwood
- 2 drops Lavender + 1 drop Frankincense
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang + 2 drops Lavender
Try one of these combinations to keep the back-to-school bugs away.
- 1 drop Rosemary + 1 Drop Clove + 1 drop Orange
- 1 drop Frankincense + 1 drop Lemon + 1 drop Oregano
- 2 drops Frankincense + 1 drop Cinnamon Bark
- 3 drops Thieves