Up your reading in 2020 with this fun and easy challenge!
Last summer I did something I’d wanted to do for a long time. I created a reading group for friends who love to read. It’s not a ‘book club’ where everyone reads the same book and discusses. It’s just a group of readers chatting about reading. I’m super creative, so I named it ‘Friends Who Read‘. 😉
The group has grown and evolved over the past six months. People go to the group to chat about the books they’re currently reading, ask for reading recommendations, or just to share funny memes and interesting articles. It’s been so fun to see how people who’d never meet ‘in real life’ under typical circumstances can connect over books and a love for reading.
A few weeks ago, I took a poll in the group to see what they’d like to see for 2020. One of the ideas I had to was to do some sort of reading challenge. Something easy that you wouldn’t have to commit to for the entire year. Something anyone could jump in on at any time. That is how I came up with the idea for this monthly reading challenge.
Friends Who Read Monthly Reading Challenge
Here’s how the challenge works:
Each month has a genre or category of book. To participate, all you have to do is pick a book to read in that category. If you want, see if a friend wants to read the same book so you can chat about it later. Or, join the group and see if someone there is reading the same book as you. But reading the book on your own is totally cool too. And you can still join the group and share your thoughts.
(Looking for book ideas and recommendations for this challenge? Check out my favorite books from 2019 where I shared 24 books I loved!)
- Do I have to commit to participating every month? Nope. Join in as you feel like it!
- Do I have to pick from a certain list of books? Nope again. You can pick any book that looks interesting to you. But you’re welcome to join the group and check out our list of suggestions!
- Does it have to be a current book? No, in fact some categories may make that impossible anyway. 😉
- Can I share this with a friend? Of course! Reading a great book is always more fun when you can share it with a friend!
- Can I invite a friend to the group? You bet! The more the merrier!
- What if I don’t have Facebook? We’re also sharing on Instagram using #FriendsWhoRead2020. Tag your post using the hashtag for a chance to be highlighted!