A kimono is a great alternative to the classic cardigan. But how do you style one? Here’s how to wear a kimono 5 different ways!
I love kimonos so much! But for the longest time, I was afraid to add one to my wardrobe. I just wasn’t sure how to style a kimono.
But back when I was selling LuLaRoe, I got several kimonos in my inventory. And I could NOT sell the dang things for the life of me! That motivated me to get creative and figure out how to style and wear them so I could show my customers how great they are.
That’s when I realized, kimonos are a really fun alternative to the classic cardi and can really expand your outfit possibilities! Kimonos are actually pretty versatile and can be styled in lots of different ways. Which makes them fantastic for capsule wardrobes!
The exact one I’m wearing is a few years old. But I’ll link to a few pretty ones you can use in the same way.
Five Ways to Style a Kimono
- Look 1: Layer a kimono over a solid, structured dress. Accessorize with a statement necklace or a pendant necklace.
- Look 2: Wear with your favorite t-shirt and cutoff shorts. Dress it up with some fun earrings or bracelets.
- Look 3: Pair with a lacy sleeveless blouse and dark wash skinny jeans. Complete the look with feminine accessories.
- Look 4: Layer over a basic solid, flowy sleeveless blouse and classic trousers. Add some interest with statement or simple jewelry.
- Look 5: Pair with a solid long sleeve blouse, jeans, and riding boots. Accessorize with a pendant or statement necklace.
Kimonos to Try
Kimono + Structured Shift Dress + Nude Heals + Statement Jewelry
Kimono + Graphic T + Cutoff Shorts + Strappy Sandals + Fun Earrings
Kimono + Lacy Sleeveless Blouse + Skinny Jeans + Ballet Flats + Feminine Jewelry
Kimono + Solid Flowy Blouse + Classic Trousers + Simple Jewlery
Kimono + Solid Long Sleeve Top + Distressed Jeans + Tall Boots + Pendant Necklace