Maxi skirts aren’t just for summer! Here are 6 ways to wear maxi skirts in fall.
Maxi skirts are one of my favorite wardrobe essentials. They’re so versatile and can easily be dressed up and down. Plus, they’re super comfy! But I think lots of people pigeon hole maxi skirts as a spring/summer staple only. You can totally wear maxi skirts in fall!
Let me show you 6 different looks that can be recreated with whatever maxi skirts you already have in your closet. I’m wearing 3 different skirts in this post, but you can use pretty much any maxi skirt you want. Whatever color or print suits you best is what you should use! (No need to try to replicate my look exactly – you should totally put your own personal spin on it.)
The whole purpose of this is to get more mileage out of your maxi skirts – not to get you to buy a bunch of clothing. But if you do need to refresh your closet, I’ll share some resources in the next section (keep scrolling for the large images of the outfits). I love to check ThredUp first because I often find fantastic excellent condition secondhand wardrobe staples for a great price.
About the Clothing & Accessories Pictured:
- Maxi Skirts: All three of these maxi skirts are from Agnes & Dora. The floral skirts are almost sold out, but there are plenty of other floral prints available.
- White T-Shirt: My basic white v-neck is from Pact (organic cotton and super affordable).
- White Blouse: The white blouse is super old from Target. But I found a few other options that would work similarly: Flutter sleeve Top, Crochet Neck Blouse, Button Back Lace Top, Chiffon V-neck Blouse.
- Heather Gray Boxy Top: The light gray top is the Flow Top from Elegance Restored.
- Olive Peasant Top: The olive peasant top is actually an old maternity top from Motherhood! (Gotta love clothing that can take you across seasons of life. 😉 ) I found a few options that can work similarly: Sedona Embroidered Top, Evie Eyelet Top, Eyelet Lace Peasant Top.
- Printed Duster: The Aztec print duster cardigan is by Agnes & Dora. It’s currently out of stock, but a similar print is available.
- Cable Knit Cardi: The over-sized cable knit cardigan is by Agnes & Dora as well. It’s currently out of stock, but there are several colors in a similar style available. I also found this similar Cozy Up Cardigan and this similar Oversized Pocket Cardi.
- Drape Front Cardi: The flowy blue cardigan is a ThredUp find. Here are some similar options: Lace Drape Front Cardigan, Calypso Wrap Cardigan, Drape Cardigan Sweater.
- Denim Jacket: The denim jacket is super old from a local boutique. You can find these just about anywhere these days. I found a few for quick reference: Levi’s Trucker Jacket, Embroidered Trucker Jacket, prAna Dree Jacket (comes in multiple colors).
- Patterened Scarf: My dreamcatcher scarf is several years old from Modcloth. Here are a few other patterned scarfs that you could try: Leopard Print Scarf, Fair Trade Om Scarf (several colors), Heraldic Skull Scarf, Gray Wilderness Scarf.
- Jewelry: The jewelry in these outfits is from Trades of Hope, Noonday Collection, and Alex & Ani.
- Shoes: I’m wearing TOMS and Rothy’s
Six Outfit Ideas for Wearing a Maxi Skirt in Fall
Maxi + White Blouse + Denim Jacket + Booties + Statement Earrings
Floral Maxi + White T-Shirt + Flowy Cardi + Ballet Flats + Statement Necklace
Floral Maxi + White T-Shirt + Chunky Oversized Cardi + Ballet Flats + Statement Necklace
Floral Maxi + Peasant Top + Ballet Flats
Black Maxi + Gray Boxy Top + Pointed Toe Flats + Printed Scarf
Black Maxi + White T-Shirt + Patterned Duster Cardi + Pointed Toe Flats + Pendant Necklace