Gently repair dried, cracked lips with this minty vanilla lip scrub.
I call this a lip scrub because that’s the main way I use it. But this minty vanilla scrub can be used for your face, hands, feet… really anywhere on your body. It’s a basic sugar scrub using sugar, fractionated coconut oil, and essential oils. So it’s very versatile in how you can use it!
I particularly like this scrub for my lips because of the cool tingle of the mint. It reminds me of my favorite lip balms (I’m always partial to the mint flavored ones). Also, if your lips are really dry, chapped, and irritated, the mint essential oils have a calming effect. The vanilla smooths the spiciness of the mint, and both oils have healing properties.
After you’ve scrubbed your lips, make sure you use an all-natural nourishing lip balm. I’ve used Burt’s Bees for years, but have recently discovered Thrive Market ‘s lip balm that I really like. They come in packs of four for $6.99 (a great price, especially for something all-natural, non-GMO, certified organic, and cruelty free.
Good to Know:
- Always do your research to make sure you are using 100% pure essential oils from a brand you trust. I like Plant Therapy .
- You can use extra virgin coconut oil, but I prefer fractionated coconut oil because it behaves more consistently and has a longer shelf life.
- If you are sensitive or allergic to coconut, you can try sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil.
- Vanilla essential oil is VERY potent. I don’t recommend using more than a couple drops in this recipe.
Minty Vanilla Lip Scrub
This simple lip scrub uses all-natural ingredients and is gentle enough to use several times a week.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- fractionated coconut oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops spearmint essential oil
- 1-2 drops vanilla essential oil
Place the sugar in a small bowl.
Starting with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, add to sugar and mix completely. Add and mix additional coconut oil, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. I prefer my lip scrub to feel like wet sand.
Once you have the desired consistency, add your essential oils and mix well.
This doesn't contain any preservatives, so treat your lips by using this generously!