This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything by clicking on these links, it helps support this site with a small commission without costing you a thing. View my disclosure page for more information.
I LOVE using styling services and subscription boxes to help me streamline my wardrobe. It takes the convenience of online shopping to a whole new level! Here are some ways I like to use these services to help me curate a streamlined wardrobe that helps me feel effortlessly stylish.
How I Use Style Boxes to Streamline My Wardrobe
- Fill Wardrobe Gaps - Looking for a basic white blouse? A little black dress? The perfect cozy cardigan? Style boxes help you try many options and pick just the right one to fit perfectly with your existing wardrobe.
- Try New Trends - Trends are fun! But not every trend is for everyone. I like to try a trendy item with things I already own to make sure I can really make it work. Style boxes let you try them and decide if they really fit your true personal style.
- Seasonal Refresh - I usually add at least a handful of items to my wardrobe each season, even if it's just to replace old items I've gotten rid of. Even if you're more of a minimalist, you'll likely need to add some things seasonally. Style boxes don't have to be monthly -- try using them just 4 times a year for a seasonal refresh.
- Try Before You Buy - One BIG advantage of style boxes over regular online shopping is that you get to try things on before you purchase. You can make sure you REALLY love something. And you don't have to pay for return shipping because that's part of the deal!
- Style Refresh - Sometimes you just need a little something to freshen up your core wardrobe and old favorites. Using a style service makes it easy, especially if you're like me and get overwhelmed by all the options available! A stylist will narrow it down for you and you have the option to pick and choose what you want.
Style Box Services
There are lots of services available now. Here are the ones I've tried.
- Stitch Fix: A stylist chooses items for you to try based on your style profile. Keep items for a short time to try on, only pay for what you keep. Styling fee applies. Click to read more.
- Wantable: A stylist chooses items for you to try based on your style profile. Keep items for a short time to try on, only pay for what you keep. Styling fee applies. Click to read more.
- Trunk Club: A stylist works with you to choose items based on your style profile and private message chat. You approve what you receive, keep items for a short time to try on, and only pay for what you keep. Styling fee applies. Click to read more.
- Le Tote: Borrow items of your choice from the clothing rental service on a monthly basis. Purchase what you want to keep at a discount. Monthly fee applies. Click to read more.
- Prime Wardrobe: You choose exactly what you want to try. Keep items for a short time to try on, only pay for what you keep. No styling fee; free shipping. Click to read more.