Calling all coffee lovers – this scrub is just for you!
It’s been while since I’ve made my own sugar scrub. I’d forgotten how easy and fun it is! When I discovered this coffee essential oil, though, I *knew* I had to make something with it. Then I found an amazing vanilla essential oil, and this vanilla latte sugar scrub seemed like an obvious choice!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed I have a long and true love for coffee. It’s my most favorite creature comfort, and the scent alone gives me warm fuzzies. I hope you love this scrub as much as I do!
Good To Know:
- Not all essential oils are created equal. Be sure you are using 100% pure essential oils from a brand you trust. I like Plant Therapy .
- Extra virgin coconut oil is solid at room temperature (below 76 degrees F.), but fractionated coconut oil isn’t. You can use either, but I prefer fractionated coconut oil because it behaves more consistently and has a longer shelf life.
- Some people experience sensitivity to coconut oil. Good alternatives are sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil.
- Use caution in the tub and shower. Oil based bath products can make your bathtub slippery.
- Vanilla essential oil is VERY potent. I don’t recommend using more than a couple drops in this recipe.
Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub
This easy sugar scrub uses simple refined sugar, refractionated coconut oil, coffee essential oil, and vanilla essential oil.
- 1 cup sugar (any granulated sugar works; I like plain ol' refined sugar for this purpose)
- fractionated coconut oil (or any carrier oil you prefer)
- 30 drops coffee essential oil
- 1-3 drops vanilla essential oil
Place sugar in a medium bowl.
Starting with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, add to sugar and mix completely. Add and mix additional coconut oil, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. I prefer my sugar scrub to feel like damp, but not completely wet sand.
Once you have the desired consistency, add your essential oils and mix well.
Since this scrub doesn't use any preservatives, treat yourself and use it up generously!
Readers also enjoyed:
- Minty Vanilla Lip Scrub
- Snickerdoodle Body Scrub
- Why I Gave Up DIY Shampoo
- 2019 Book Bingo (free printable!)